Shilpa Medicare has been on path of expansion ever since its inception in 1987. With a regulatory recognized manufacturing set up and excellent scientific expert team in place, Shilpa Medicare has since been on a steady growth path. Currently we are one of the leaders in the Oncology market and offer a complete range of products in this segment spanning across APIs, formulations both in terms of R&D and manufacturing capabilities. Further to consolidation in field of oncology API and formulations, we are striving to put in our efforts in field of novel drug delivery systems and biotech products along with widening our focus to other therapy areas. Where we are today has been the result of our constant endeavors for more than two decades. We are proud to share our journey from being a small start-up to a well-recognized establishment …
Chronology of Events
Total 9 DMFs were completed review by USFDA in support of various ANDAs.
Capecitbine ANDAs approved.
Three MAH applications approved in EU.
First MAH application approved in EU.
First ANDA approved in USA.
Centralized Procedure for EU Marketing Authorization for ImatinibTablets granted.
API sites approved by USFDA.
Started new R&D center for development of Nano Technology products in Bangalore.
Raichur both units got approval by US FDA.
Raichem Medicare (P) Ltd JV with ICE-Italy become operational.
Formulation Facility at Jadcherla Approved by USFDA.
Shilpa Medicare Formulations facility (Manufacturing of Oral & Injectible (Onco Products) at Pharma Park Jadcherla (SEZ), near Mahaboobnagar (Telangana) became fully operational.
National Energy Conservation Award (Ist Prize in drugs & pharmaceuticals sector), by President of INDIA.
Shilpa Medicare acquired a controlling stake in Hyderabad-based “Shilpa Therapeutics”
- “State of Art R&D center established in Vizag and started its operations
- “M/s Raichem Life Sciences Private Limited, a 100% subsidiary of Shilpa Medicare Ltd., merged with Shilpa Medicare Ltd.
- “US operations started
Shilpa Medicare successfully set up a 100% EOU project incurring a capital expenditure of nearly Rs. 1000 million.
- RaichemLifesciencesPvt Ltd secured ISO 9001:2008 certification
- ‘Best District Export Award’ given by FKCCI, Bangalore
- “Star Export Excellence Award” given by VITC, Bangalore
Shilpa Medicare listed on National Stock Exchange (NSE) on Dec 03, 2009.
- Shilpa Medicare entered 50:50 joint venture with Industria Chimica SRL, Italy (ICE) and Prodotti Chini Alimetari SpA, Italy (PCA).
- First DMF filed for Oncology API- Anastrozole.
Govt. of India awarded 'Best Entrepreneur Award' to Mr. Vishnukant, MD-Shilpa Medicare.
- Also - "Emerging India Runner Award” given by CNBC.
- Also - "Star Export House" Status from Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India.
Shilpa Medicare acquired 100% stake in Loba Feinchemie GmbH, Austria
First patent application filed
Shilpa Medicare was listed on Bombay Stock Exchange on Jun 19, 1995
Shilpa Medicare was converted into a Public Limited Company
Antibacterial products manufacturing started for companies such as Bombay Drug House Pvt Ltd and GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
New production facilities inducted for the manufacture of Sodium methoxide by indigenously developed technology.
Shilpa Medicare Ltd. started its first commercial production of Trimethoprim.
Shilpa Medicare Ltd. established as Shilpa Antibiotics Ltd.